Extra funding is available to participants that meet Widening Participation criteria
We can make upto £600 of extra funding available to anyone that meets the definitions outlined below. This can only cover certain expense types and all requests must be evidenced with receipts, please read on to learn more.
- students with an annual household income of £25,000 or less
- students receiving Universal Credit or income-related benefits because they are financially supporting themselves or financially supporting themselves and someone who is dependent on them and living with them, such as a child or partner.
- learners in care or who are care experienced. This refers to anyone who has been or is currently in care or from a looked after background at any stage of their life, no matter how short, including adopted children who were previously looked after.
- students who have caring responsibilities. Caring responsibilities refers to a child or young person up to the age of 25 who provides (unpaid) care or intends to provide care for another person in, or outside of, the family home for someone who is physically or mentally ill, disabled or misusing drugs or alcohol.
- learners entitled to free meals
- refugees and asylum seekers.
- The above points only apply to those who are UK resident, or whose households are UK resident
Participants from disadvantaged backgrounds can receive funding for exceptional costs. Exceptional costs are calculated on an actual cost basis and are specifically for any additional costs incurred to support the participation of disadvantaged participants. Funding covers costs such as passports, visas, insurance, vaccines, DBS checks, etc as necessary.
Any item you request must be:
- Agreed in advance in writing with a Gotoco manager or director, please email us to discuss this as your first step. We will need to check out requests on a case-by-case basis.
- After it is agreed, then the expense can then be requested via this form
- If in the course of purchase, you discover that costs have gone up or the item needs to be changed, please go through step 1 again. E.g if you book a ‘yellow fever’ vaccine and the doctor wishes to bundle sell other vaccines, you will need to authorise this with us in advance. If you don’t follow this guidance then we may be unable to reimburse you.
Deadlines: All requests must be made before you depart on a programme. In rare cases, discretion can be applied for a later deadline. If you miss a deadline then it will be out our hands and our funding partners will not consider further requests. It is your responsibility to submit requests to us through the appropriate channel, please email us for clarifications.